WJS.com video posted by Troy Corman, t2realestate.com
The rental home market is booming. Landlords are delighted as rental demand is fueling multiple rental applicants and higher rent prices. Now, the US government is considering getting in on the action by making it more attractive for private investors to buy, rehab and lease foreclosed homes owned by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
The top 5 ways real estate can make you money.
1. Cash Flow - renters pay more each month than the home's carrying cost.
2. Principal Pay Down - rent money pays down our mortgage each month.
3. Equity Capture - we buy homes for thousands less than they're worth.
4. Appreciation - we sell homes in a sellers market when prices are rising.
5. Depreciation - rent homes produce about $10K in deductions per $100K home annually.
Read the full story in wsj.com.